Help a Child of India launched a Campaign for Girl Child Protection on 24th November, 2013. Two Children’s Bands, ‘Minor Chords’ and ‘CeeGees’ staged a lively Music Concert on the occasion. The families and friends of the performing children gathered enthusiastically to witness the children in action.
Over 500 deprived children drawn from various areas in and around Chennai attended the program. Thanks to Sathyabama University for sponsoring their participation. Mrs. Harinarayanan sponsored the snacks packs to the children. Well-wishers and donors joined the audience and rendered support to the cause.
In spite of several measures and strict laws, safety and security of girl children continues to be the concern across the country. The episodes of Nirbhayas and Abhayas exposes how unprotected are the girl children, particularly those who have to pursue education and employment in exploitive urban environment. Attacks and abuses are unabated. Once incident follows another with spine-chilling details.
Help a Child of India intends to spread the message of protection to the girl children in the society at large and equip the girls and the parents to bravely counter the exploitation. The launch provided an opportunity to re-enforce the commitment of Help a Child to the cause of the girl children.
Just a few snaps for your attention:
1) Mr. L.R. Joshi, Chief Executive Officer, Help a Child of India, welcoming the audience.
2) The girl children of Chennai Child Development Project of Help a Child presenting choreography.
3) Jerusha in her best as the Master of the Ceremony at the event.
4) ‘Minor Chords’ (age 6-14) rendering songs, including theme song, ‘Rise up India’.
5) Mr.Kishore Victor, architect of ‘Minor Chords’.
6) Miss. Sheeba Truman, Voice Trainer of ‘Minor Chords’ in a stunning performance.
7) ‘CeeGees’ enthralling the audience.
8) Mr. Godwin Jebakumar, brain behind ‘CeeGees’.
9) Launch of the Girl Child Protection Campaign.
10) Dr. Prateep V.Phillip, IPS., Additional Director General of Police, Economic Offences, launching the Girl Child Campaign with a passionate call to address the issues of the girl children.
11) Dr. Fatima Vasanth, the Principal and the Secretary of the College of Social Work endorsing the Campaign and urgency of it.
12) Audience expressing their solidarity with the girl children at the launch of the Campaign.
13) Mr. M.K. Paul, a popular Tamil Singer singing with his children. He was a sponsored child of Help a Child for many years.
14) Mr. M.K. Paul rendering a vibrant solo echoing: “ I would have been on the roadside platform but for God’s support through Help a Child of India and now I stand on the holy platform.”
15) Ms. Eunice Lily Pearl , Program Manager of Help a Child making an appeal to the audience to lend support to the cause.
You could also make a difference in the lives of girl children in our country by
1) Sponsoring a Child at Rs 500 per month or Rs 6000 per year and enable her to have education and all round development
2) Offering a One Time Donation of Rs________ .
Cheques can be drawn in favour of “Help a Child of India” and can be sent to
# 10, 7th Street, I Block, Vallalar Kudiyiruppu, Annanagar West, Chennai – 600 040, INDIA
Phone Number : 044 – 42645074
If you like to make an Online Donation, please Click here [ Online Donation ]
No Contribution is too small for us. What we value is your participation in this journey.
– A Report by Prason. S, Marketing Manager, Help a Child of India.